Read recent articles about Green Fins, our latest news and blogs and contact our press team
If you’re a journalist interested in writing about Green Fins or related topics (such as sustainable diving or coral reef conservation), we can provide information, stats, images and interviews with our expert spokespeople. To talk about how we can help, please get in touch at: [email protected].
Green Fins in the news
As the world’s only internationally recognised environmental guidelines for diving and snorkelling, the Green Fins initiative is often featured in the news. Please see below for some recent highlights:
- Curacao Chronicle highlighted Dive Travel Curaçao’s commitment to supporting Green Fins.
- Dive With Us, a diving school in Germany, encouraged their readers to give the Green Fins Diver e-Course as a gift.
- Taucher.net shared the story on Green Fins Egypt heading towards independence in the Red Sea with the first Green Fins “Train the Trainer” programme in the country.
- Environmental Protection quoted Reef-World in their article.
- Egypt Today mentioned Green Fins as part of Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities plan to encourage environmentally friendly practices in the country’s dive tourism.
- Travel and Tour World covered Eco Egypt’s campaign to include Green Fins to promote eco-tourism ahead of COP27.
- The article we shared on how to plan for a sustainable diving holiday on UNEP’s website was translated into multiple languages including Italian and shared by eHabitat.
- Diver Net shared the launch of Green Fins Japan, the Environment Best Practice for Snorkellers poster and the restarting of Green Fins Malaysia.
- Egypt Today encourages travellers to look out for Green Fins certified dive centres in Egypt on ECO EGYPT’s new Green List.
- PR Times covered the Green Fins Japan launch in Onna Village, Okinawa.
- PADI shined their spotlight on Evolution Beach & Dive Resort, a top ten Green Fins Member in the Philippines and their story as a Green Fins certified PADI Dive Centre.
- UNEP share our tips on how to plan for a sustainable diving holiday.
- ICRI Forum and many other outlets covered the launch of the new Green Fins Environmental Best practice for Snorkellers poster.
- The first Green Fins assessor training in Japan was held in Onna Village, Okinawa. The story was covered by The Sankei News.
- DIVE Magazine featured the news of the launch of Green Fins materials in Bahasa Malaysia.
- Open Jaw Québec recommended their readers to look for Green Fins Members while planning for a responsible holiday in Costa Rica.
- The Scuba News shared a job listing for a Digital Community Officer to join the Reef-World team (Green Fins international coordinator).
- About Travel included Green Fins as a shortlisted participant for Kuoni’s fundraising project.
- The launch of the Green Fins rebrand was covered by Sevenseas.
- Ocean+α featured a “Environmentally Friendly Neutral Buoyancy” course provided in Onna Village, Japan using the Green Fins Guidelines for Divers poster.
- The Weather Channel highlighted Green Fins in a UNEP Report (Contributions of Regional Seas Conventions and Action Plans to a Healthy Ocean) that shows regional policies play a critical role in marine ecosystems protection.
- Scuba Diver Mag featured the launch of the Green Fins rebrand.
- Green Fins was mentioned by the Minister of Environment Yasmine Fouad to the Ambassador of Finland in the sustainable ecotourism meeting. The news is covered by Daily News Egypt.
- Scubaverse shared the news of the updated Green Fins Dive Guide e-Course.
- Ocean+α translated the guidelines in the new Green Fins Environmental Best
Practice for Underwater Photographers poster into Japanese and promoted
them to their readers
- PADI shined their spotlight on Slow Dive – Casa Chihuahua in the Dominican Republic and their story as a Green Fins certified PADI Dive Centre.
- Al Ahram covered the story where Egypt’s Minister of Tourism and Antiquities spoke about Green Fins implementation in Egypt as “Investing for the Future of Sustainable Tourism” at the World Travel Market 2021 (WTM).
- DIVE Magazine featured the launch of the new Green Fins Environmental Best Practice for Underwater Photographers poster
- Egypt’s tourism ministry is proud to be the first in the region to implement the Green Fins management approach. The news was covered by Egypt Today
- Metro UK talks about diving in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt and how the implementation of Green Fins helps to protect the coral reefs in the region.
- ADEX shared the Green Fins Diver e-Course to their network, supporting Green
Fins’ sustainable diving and marine conservation efforts
- Egypt’s Ministry of Environment’s vision of sustainable development and the
transition to a green economy includes the implementation of Green Fins in the
diving sector. The news is covered by Youm7
- Oceana covered the launch of our new Green Fins Crown-of-Thorns Sea Star Cleanup Guidelines
- The Scuba News covered the launch of the new Green Fins Crown-of-Thorns Sea Star Cleanup Guidelines
- HELLO! Magazine included Green Fins Diver e-Course in the list to encourage
holidaymakers to be ocean eco-warriors on their holidays
- Ahram Online highlighted how Green Fins plays a part in shifting tourism in the Red Sea to be more sustainable
- The quarterly PADI Undersea Journal showcased the hard work and sustainability efforts of the three Green Fins 2020 winners
- DZJV 1458 Radyo Calabarzon hosted the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Philippines to talk about Green Fins in Mabini and Batangas on Facebook Live
- PADI Pro Blog shared Green Fins tips with their dive professional on how to create eco-conscious divers
- BBC News mentioned Green Fins member in Philippine found reef covered with single-use face masks
- PADI encouraged their dive professionals to include Green Fins Icons poster in their pre-dive briefings
- ICRI featured Green Fins anchoring guidelines that give an overview of different alternatives to anchoring
- Australasian Leisure Management featured the winner for the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) UK Responsible Thailand Awards, Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, a Green Fins member
- Ethical Marketing News talked about the increase of interest from dive centres in the Dominican Republic wanting to join Green Fins despite the COVID-19 pandemic
- PADI introduced Green Fins code of conduct to their dive professionals
- DIVE magazine featured the launch of the new Green Fins Arabic and Japanese translations
- Caribbean Digital shared an update on the recent successes of Green Fins Dominican Republic
- Divegraphy spoke to some of the Reef-World team about the Green Fins programme and its positive environmental impact
- Scubaverse highlighted the recent successes of the Green Fins programme
- PATA showcased the launch of the new Green Fins cleanup guidelines
- With Antigua and Barbuda being named as Lonely Planet’s emerging sustainable destination of the year, The Antigua Observer outlines Green Fins as key to the country’s sustainability strategy
- UN Environment Programme covered the Con X Tech Prize shortlisting the Green Fins Global Hub
- The Scuba News shared the recent successes of Reef-World’s work through Green Fins
- DIVE magazine wrote about the announcement of the Green Fins 2020 Award winners
- Green Fins ‘ part in the recovery of green tourism was explained in Mark Avery’s blog
- Dive.In talked about the Green Fins Global Hub being shortlisted as a Con X Tech Prize finalist
- Reef-World’s Programmes Manager, Samantha Craven, was interviewed on the A Better Tomorrow podcast
- Divegraphy explained how Green Fins helps people become more sustainable divers
- The Scuba News covered the Green Fins Global Hub being shortlisted as a Con X Tech Prize finalist
- Ocean Mimic mentioned Green Fins in its explanation on why it’s not OK to touch marine life
- Oceana translated Green Fins’ beach cleanup tips for its Japanese readers
- ICRI explained how Green Fins has been promoting sustainability during lockdown
- PADI shared our Plastic Free July tips
- BBC Travel highlighted Green Fins’ internationally recognised guidelines as a key part of the future of sustainable marine tourism
- ECO Magazine explained why sustainable marine tourism (and Green Fins!) is so important
- PADI showcased how dive centres can focus on the environment during lockdown
- UN Environment Programme shared the stories of what some of the Green Fins Top 10 members are doing for sustainability during lockdown
- Travel Weekly shared Reef-World’s comment about how Green Fins members – and marine tourism operators worldwide – can continue to focus on sustainability during the COVID-19 pandemic
- DIVE helped spread the word about the new Green Fins environmental guidelines for chemical cleaning agents
- Clean Seas mentioned Green Fins in its article about minimising your environmental impact
- DiveNewsWire shared Reef-World’s call for divers to share their insights to help improve the Green Fins materials
- Ethical Marketing News covered the nationwide expansion of Green Fins across Egypt
- Reef-World’s Samantha Craven was interviewed about Green Fins on the So You Want to be a Marine Biologist podcast
- PATA talked about the Green Fins guidelines in its piece on how tourists can protect the reef
- Scuba Diver magazine shared the news of Green Fins’ nationwide rollout across Egypt
- UN Environment Programme shared our tips about how to minimise your environmental impact
- ICRI shared the news of our partnership with TUI Care Foundation
- Dive.Site included Green Fins in its article on sustainable diving
- MSN celebrated the huge success of the recent Paralenz Blue Friday fundraising campaign for Green Fins
- inews recommended tourists book with a Green Fins member when diving in Egypt
- The Luxury Report included Green Fins in its article about sustainable tourism
- Earth.org explored how Reef-World and its partners are fighting plastic pollution, through Mission2020 and Green Fins
- Travel Weekly reminded tourists to follow the Green Fins Code of Conduct to protect Egyptian coral reefs, as Sharm flights resume
- SEVENSEAS covered the launch of the Andrea Leeman Green Fins Dive Guide Scholarship Fund
- The Times mentioned the launch of Green Fins Egypt as flights to Sharm El Sheikh resume
- TTG Magazine showcased how Green Fins is helping tour operators reduce their environmental impact
- UN Environment Programme interviewed Reef-World’s Director Chloe Harvey about the implementation of Green Fins Egypt
- The Bristol Post announced Reef-World’s placement in The Escape 100 for its work through Green Fins
- Sport Diver recommended Green Fins for those trying to identify conservation-minded dive operators
- SEVENSEAS Magazine released a Reef-World special issue – all about the charity’s Green Fins initiative
- Scuba Confidential podcast interviewed Reef-World’s Director Chloe Harvey
- PATA explained how well-managed tourism and the Green Fins initiative can protect coral reefs
- UN Environment Programme guest blog on how the dive industry is working to safeguard our oceans
- Scuba Diver Life shared how to say no to plastic, according to the Green Fins guidelines
- PADI gave an overview of the Green Fins Code of Conduct
- One Percent for the Planet interviewed Reef-World’s Director JJ Harvey
- Dive News Wire covered the launch of Explorer Ventures’ Dive Green sustainability promise
- DIVE magazine covered the launch of Green Fins Antigua and Barbuda
- Dive.In featured the first ever Green Fins Train the Trainer programme
- Sport Diver featured Reef-World (and the Green Fins initiative) in its Conservation Spotlight
- Simply Scuba podcast talked about the launch of the Green Fins Dive Guide e-Course