Your support can help Reef-World provide deserving dive guides with their Green Fins environmental certification!
The Green Fins Dive Guide e-Course trains dive guides to best environmental standards, helping them to preserve coral reefs and related ecosystems by reducing the negative impacts of scuba diving above and below the water. Since its launch, the course has been a huge success with dive professionals around the world signing up to learn how to reduce diving-related damage to coral reefs. Yet, some dive guides – particularly those from developing countries – are unable to afford the £19 ($24 USD) personalised certificate which showcases their successful completion of the course and helps attract eco-minded customers. Having a certificate can support dive guides and their families by increasing employability and may even result in more tips!
To identify and support those in need, Reef-World has launched a Dive Guide e-Course Certificate Scholarship Fund, which aims to raise £2,000 to enable 100 dive guides become Green Fins certified in the first year. More about the eligibility of dive guides, application and response process can be found here.
As well as knowing you’ve helped a deserving dive guide receive their Green Fins environmental certification, donors will benefit from:
- Between £19 and £79 – Your name (or that of your business) included as a thank you in Reef-World’s 2019-2020 Annual Report
- Between £80 and £229 – Promotion on Green Fins social media (once on the social media channel of your choice: Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) and a thank you in Reef-World’s 2019-2020 Annual Report
- Between £300 and £699 – Promotion on Green Fins and Reef-World’s social media (two mentions in total across Reef-World/Green Fins’ channels) and a thank you in Reef-World’s 2019-2020 Annual Report
- Between £700 and £1,399 – Promotion on Green Fins and Reef-World’s social media (two mentions across Reef-World/Green Fins’ channels) and your name, logo and company website included in Reef-World’s 2019-2020 Annual Report
- Above £1,400 – 1) Promotion on Green Fins and Reef-World’s social media (two mentions across Reef-World/Green Fins’ channels); 2) Your name, logo, company website and 100 words about your business included in Reef-World’s 2019-2020 Annual Report; 3) Your company logo included on the Reef-World and Green Fins websites for one year; 4) Opportunity to provide a guest blog post for the Reef-World or Green Fins website.
Reef-World reserves the right to refuse donations where funds have come from activities or operations considered detrimental to people or the environment or that are not in line with Reef-World’s values.
Reef-World reserves the right to use excess funds for the Green Fins initiative